Re: Shared pool Memory question.

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 13:45:13 -0800

A memory leak occurs when a process requests memory from the operating system for some use, but does not return the memory to the system when it is done with it. If this occurs repeatedly, the process will get so much memory that other processes will not be able to get what they need.

The only cure in most cases is to kill the offending process. The system will regain the memory when it cleans up after it.

                                      Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.