Can't connect to oracle db from web/servlet server

From: Tim Bezek <tjbezek_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:59:51 GMT

ideas please!

I have oracle 8i ver 8.1.7 running on linux redhat7.2 I'm trying to connect to
it using JDBC from another linux server running a servlet engine. I get an exception that "the network adapter could not establish the connection"

I have the listener running on the database server, and I can connect to it with an oracle client on a windows 2000 box. Do I need to add something else to the servlet server? The only thing I added was the classes12.zip, which is supposed to be the "thin" jdbc classes that should work. I'm attempting to connect on port 1521, which is active and listening on the oracle
server. I'm using TCP. From what I can tell the tnsnames.ora looks ok.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tim Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 08:59:51 CST