Re: locally managed tablespace

From: Thomas Hesse <thomas.hesse_at_team.xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:24:28 +1300

The performance for allocate/deallocate extents for local managed tablespaces is faster. There should be now difference in reading/writing to it, because it is the same procedure to read blocks from it.

The only difference is maybe:

- the filesystem of the tablespace
- partition is not analyzed (differen execution plan)
- did you also rebuild your indexes ?

Thomas