Re: upgrade and migration

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:04:22 +0100

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:30:00 -0500, Steven Shen <ssshen_at_mit.edu> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am fresh guy to oracle and have a question about upgrading oracle. I
>really appreciate if any advice or suggestions. We currently have an
>oracle 8.1.6 database running on the E3500 solaris 8 system. I would
>like to upgrade it to 8.1.7. How do I do that, many thanks!
>
>Steve

Somehow...
Now it's my turn: Please hold me, Daniel

1 Take the booklet out of the CD-case
2 Carefully read it
3 Carefully read any installation and upgrading documentation available on technet
4 determine an appropiate moment to do the upgrade 5 open the Solaris CD-rom drive, put the CD in it, and close it 6 mount the CD and from the CD rom mount point type ./runInstaller (be sure you are running this from a X-windows session) 7 answer to the prompts (the installer will discover the existing database and propose to upgrade it for you) 8 remove the CD from the drive

Please keep in mind no members of this group (with the possible exception of Thomas Kyte) are being paid to do that little bit of reading for you.
You would better do it yourself.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 14:04:22 CST