Re: Trying to access deleted files

From: broom <broom_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 11:11:43 -0800

As Uwe pointed out, you can access "files" via /proc. On Solaris, this is the /proc/{DBWR_PID}/fd/* entries.

One of the problems is I'm using Veritas QIO, which deals with character mode devices not files. The perms would not allow me to read them, and they were unchangable, but I got around it via 'mknod' of the Veritas QIO devices that I found in the /proc tree.

What next? Alter the tablespaces read/only before dding out the files? I'm not in archivelog mode, so I can't hot backup, and I'm too scared to to any major system changes. Having my sysadmin call Oracle on that.

Also, we got 39 files back via hacking the "yet to be reused" inodes back into existance. There is a REASON people pay for Veritas support.

Is there anyway to examine an Oracle raw file and tell what is was called or what part of the tablespace structure it was part off? Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 13:11:43 CST