Problem scheduling a job using DBMS_JOBS.SUBMIT

From: Aditya <adityanath_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 10:54:42 -0800

Hi!

I have to schedule a stored procedure to be run every night. I tried using DBMS_JOBS.SUBMIT

I gave the folloing command from sqlplus connecting as system

Declare
 ln_job_no Number;
Begin

  DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(ln_job_no, 'exec dash.sp_report_data;',sysdate, 'sysdate +1');   DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(to_char(ln_job_no)); End;
/
dash is the user and sp_report_data is the stored procedure.

But it gives me following error.
Declare

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 98:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "DASH" when expecting one of the following: := . ( @ % ;

The symbol ":=" was substituted for "DASH" to continue.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 79
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 131

ORA-06512: at line 5I tried all possible combination

I tried all other possible combinations
'sp_report_data;'
'exec sp_report_data;'
'exec dash.sp_report_date;'

It is not accepting.

How can I schdule this job using DBMS_JOBS

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Aditya Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 12:54:42 CST