ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

From: Krassimir Boyanov <kboyanov_at_printrak.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 08:38:52 -0800

Hi,

I want to pass VARCHAR2 into a Java Stored Procedure. Below is the procedure declaration, which is part of a package specification.
MEMBER PROCEDURE set_ename(ename VARCHAR2)

    AS LANGUAGE JAVA
    NAME 'Paymaster.setEname(java.lang.String)' ...

Unfortunatelly, I am getting the following error: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

However, in the same package I have the following procedure, which works just fine:
  MEMBER PROCEDURE raise_sal (r NUMBER)
    AS LANGUAGE JAVA
    NAME 'Paymaster.raiseSal(java.math.BigDecimal)'

So what is the deal? When pass number, mapped to java.math.BigDecimal
-> no problem. When pass NVARCHAR2, mapped to java.lang.String ERROR
ORA-00932. Please help.

Many TIA.

Krassi Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 10:38:52 CST