Re: DB restore problem

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:49:59 +0100

If you don't want to take down your production environment then you could create a clone and
perform the recovery on the clone DB.

  1. Restore system, temp, rollback and the tablespace you missed the first time to another place. (I guess you don't even need temp & rollback - but to be on the safe side ...)
  2. Recreate the control file - rename the db - leave out all missing datafiles
  3. recover database until cancel using backup controlfile
  4. open the db (resetlogs)
  5. -> 2 options
    • export all data from the recovered tablespace, recreate tablespace on production and import into your production DB
    • use transportable tablespace and plug the recovered tablespace into production (i've never done it this way ... but it should be possible)

I see no reason why you should take down your production environment and recover from scratch - unless you think it's easier that way ...