Re: DB restore problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:12:42 +0100

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:20:51 -0500, "Peter" <zouzou_at_zou.com> wrote:

>I restored part of a db yesterday and forgot one file belonging to a
>required tablespace.
>
>I did a recovery until time, and open resetlogs.
>Now the file has been named MISSING0001 by Oracle.
>
>Is there any way now I can recover this missing file, as it belongs to a
>I have the file on disk at this time, but don't know how to recover it.
>
>alter database recover datafile '$1$dga60:[inftmp]FIN_07.dbf'
>*
>ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
>ORA-01190: controlfile or data file 26 is from before the last RESETLOGS
>ORA-01110: data file 26: '$1$DGA60:[INFTMP]FIN_07.DBF'
>
>Thanks

The error message shows you executed alter database open resetlogs on the database.
By issuing the a resetlogs you begin a new era in the life of this database and anything before this era simply doesn't exist anymore. I'm afraid the only solution is a new recovery until time, this time of the *complete* database.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 09:12:42 CST