Any backward compatiability problems if I upgrade the oracle server?

From: Graeme Barnett <gbarnett_at_csl.co.uk>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 07:00:14 -0800

I'm using Solaris and Oracle 8.1.5 I will only be using the server for extracting customer databases on to replicate issues.

If the customer is using a different version of Oracle will the database still startup and operate on will I need to keep changing the version of the server as well. Does this also apply for different OS version's too?

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Graeme Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 09:00:14 CST