Re: Not enough physical memory for SHM_SHARE_MMU

From: Graeme Barnett <gbarnett_at_csl.co.uk>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 01:44:38 -0800

damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3C8FD125.E4FA1573_at_exesolutions.com>...
> This has nothing to do with the memory Oracle grabs that is configurable
> in the init.ora.
>
> This has to do with the fact that someone didn't RTM.

Problem is I've been thrown in at the deep end, my first week of Oracle DBA stuff. This isn't a new installation it's a customers database which was working at one point on our server but now isn't, so I'm trying to restore it from a backup. Therefore the database is tuned to work on their 'much bigger' server, and I'm trying to hack it together to work on ours.

> First read the installation instructions looking specifically for the
> information on setting up shared memory and semaphores.
>
> Then go to /etc and edit the system file so that it contains the correct
> values.

As I don't have this information, could you point me in the correct direction?

Cheers,

Graeme