Re: Migrating 8i database to 9i

From: Andre van Winssen \(andrew\) <andrew-no-spam-svp_at_info.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:46:17 +0100

I'd suggest follwing option supposed we are not talking about a terabyte database:
exp your 8i database (full=y) using 8i exp tool install 9i and create the database you want including the tablespaces you had in the old database.
imp your 8i .dmp file using imp from 9i. (maybe only the schema's you want to migrate)

Hth,
Andre van Winssen