Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.6) Scheduled shutdowns and startups on NT4.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:20:51 +0100

On 13 Mar 2002 14:37:50 -0800, cooleyd_at_med.unc.edu (Darrell Cooley) wrote:

>Is there anyway to schedule daily database shutdowns and startups? I
>am running Oracle 8i ver8.1.6 on NT4.0. I need this to do my daily
>backups. Thanks.

Obviously the best way to do this would involve writing one single .cmd and include the oradim command to shutdown and start the database.
If you would shut the database only your backup procedure would need to check the state of the database.
Jobs can be scheduled using the at command (standard NT) or Winat (NT resource kit)

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 17:20:51 CST