Yet another recovery question

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.spammenot.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:08:40 -0500

I am restoring a database for someone to re-run a report. As not every tablespace / datafile is needed for this report, I did not restore all datafiles.
I sometimes do this without problems as the un-needed tablespaces usually are not active and thus there are not transactions for those in the archive log files.

What would happen if there were activities in the tablespaces not restored ? Would the recovery fail because some of the transactions could not be re-run?

Thanks for your input.

--

Syltrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en français)