Virus attack prevention on Windows based Oracle Servers?

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:26:30 -0000

Hi Guys
We have started to deploy our Production databases on Microsoft NT and Win2k platform. There is concerns about vunerability of these OS's to virus attack.
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this problem. What is the best practice to prevent this.
Can a virus checker software be active on the Server without much affecting its performance.
I have heard that RAW partitions might be an alternative, is it recommended?

Many thanks for any advise.
Reza Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 05:26:30 CST