I/O Problems resulting of ora_dbw0, arch, lgwr processes

From: Holger Greve <Holger.Greve_at_hkl-baumaschinen.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:36:09 +0100

Hi,
i´ve some i/o issues on 1 of our oracle HP-machines. I´ve read that it is possible to tune the database by setting one or a combination of the following init.ora parameters:
- db_block_lru_latches in combination with db_writer_processes (my
favorite...)
- dbwr_io_slaves

Our machine (HP-UX wyatt B.11.00 U 9000/800) has 4 processors and a total of 4GB Ram (Physical: 4194304 Kbytes, lockable: 3193636 Kbytes, available: 3669804
Kbyts). Should i configure the init.ora as following:

db_block_lru_latches     = 4
db_writer_processes      = 4

Who has experiences with those parameters and could say me, what is the best way to tune?
Has anybody another idea to clear our oracle i/o Problems?? Are there any risks to set those parameters.

Thanks in advance for your help!

So long and best regards....
Holger Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 04:36:09 CST