why anlyze and rebuilding generate lot of redo ?

From: kw <none_at_nowhere.where>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:01:56 +0100

Hi all

8.1.7.0 on M$2000

I use exec dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(); and then for every index in my app :
"alter index XXX rebuild compute statistics;"

After that there is 325 MB of new redo generated!!! (for both analyze and rebuilding indexes)

Is there any way to avoid this huge redo generation ? Why ORACLE generate redo analyzing tables ?

Thanks in advice
Krzysztof Wlasiuk Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 04:01:56 CST