Upgrade 8.1.7 to 9.0.1 on Winblows

From: Dave Haas <davehaas_at_--nospam--hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:32:00 GMT

Hi all.

Bit of a problem. I have a cold backup of an 8.1.7 database. I reinstalled Winblows (makes it go faster) with a bright shiny new install of 9.0.1. I can get the damn thing mounted but when i try to open it up to run the upgrade script it craps out with an ora-600. Frik.

I don't have a metalink account (long story). Anybody know of specific patches that need to be applied? Nothing in the log is telling me what's the matter.

Setup:

Win2k SP2 R1
Fresh Install of 9.0.1
8.1.7 is no longer on the machine
I have an 8.1.7 cold backup that I am attempting to upgrade.

This should be easy. Why is this one such a pain in the derriere?

Dave Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 22:32:00 CST