can't run oracle's emca (or any other java) on linux

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:33:25 GMT

Not sure what happened here, after installing oracle on SuSE 7.3 and creating a base database, none of my GUI tools work anymore, keep getting an "/opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/linux/native_threads/jre: error while loading shared libraries: libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I don't know why this is happening now, before I could call up dbassist, netassist etc.. with no problems. I did the unset LANG, unset LC_CTYPE and unset RC_TYPE to no avail, also checked the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it is $ORACLE_HOME/bin as it should be. (it's also in the .bash_profile)

Everything looks ok in env, but I must be missing something simple here. I'm want to start the OEM and create another management server, but for the moment am stuck on this.

ideas anyone? Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 15:33:25 CST