Re: How to export D2K reports to Excel?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2002 11:22:28 -0800

There is a program called Data Junction that transforms files from one type to another. Cant remember who makes it or how much it costs.

Also, you could take your reports query and just run it and spool it out. Id assume that your client wants to be able to do this right? How about when you call the report, you dynamically take the query from the report and use UTL_FILE and put it in a text file?

Then when you go to EXCEL go to data DATA --> Get External Data --> Import Text file. There you can parse it.

As far as running this directly from Oracle. Dont know. I think you can use the Windows API right?