Re: Instances

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:13:04 -0600

You may have started a major 'religious ' war...

IMHO, 1 instance with several schemas ( not databases) , given sufficient similarity between the usage of the data ( all OLTP or all DSS or Warehouse ) , is easier to manage and, with Power Unit pricing, the more you can get on one server, the better...

If the useage is different, you may want to set up separate servers with an instance on each, tuned to the specific needs...

( Mostly, more than one instance on the same server is ( again IMHO) asking for grief...)