sys_context does not return anything

From: Eva Haiden <eva.haiden_at_engnetworld.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2002 08:27:41 -0800

Dear Oracle users,

I am using Oracle 9.0.1. I am creating an application context and try to retrieve the value of it for security policies. Unfortunately, the built-in function that I use SYS_CONTEXT does not return my set values. Do you have any suggestions why?

I do the following:

connect sys/pwd as sysdba
grant select on sys.v_$context;

connect sec/pwd
select * from v$context

NAMESPACE             ATTRIBUTE                 VALUE
MYCONTEXT             DATAMANGERID              1

connect sec/pwd
select sys_context('myContext', 'datamanagerID') "datamanagerID" from dual;

datamanagerID

No value is returned. Please let me know why?

Thank you!
Eva Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 10:27:41 CST