Re: disabling IPC

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:05:19 +0100

There used to be a sqlnet.ora parameter AUTOMATIC_IPC=ON/OFF. AUTOMATIC_IPC=OFF would be appropriate for a client that has no local database and thus should not even attempt to make a local connection. Default this
parameter was ON so all remote clients would try IPC first. Setting the parameter
on would have resulted in faster connect times but the time you win here is minimal.
However - this was only for databases prior to 8i ... it's become obsolete.