Re: Oracle Support Experiences

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:22:46 GMT

Niall Litchfield doodled thusly:

>for an explanation of the problems we had. To say the least I consider a bug
>that results in dataloss because of hitting arbitrary datafile sizes serious
>enough to be imprinted on the minds of support analysts and also really
>ought to come up in a search of the bug database.

Heh! You're not wrong...

>I think what I am saying is common is that known bugs and fixes exist and
>are documented but appear not to be being given as answers to TARs. This
>concerns me somewhat.

yes, had a similar prob, with metaclick. Either someone is not updating things properly or some of the links are simply stuffed. I can't find problems nor TARs I've either seen before or seen a fix for in the past. As for phone support, I can't comment: haven't used it in years. Since the BBS and later metaclick came on-line.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 04:22:46 CST