Problem with Oracle Develper 6i installation, plz help!!!

From: Paul <paul_nutlis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:47:24 GMT

After a week long battle involving repartitioning and reinstalling xp and Linux, I have finally installed Oracle 9i database on my home computer (Mandrake 8.1). Now it was time to install developer suite 6i for Linux which I downloaded from oracle site. (d2k6irelease2.tar) So after unpacking the file and running installer (./orainst) It gets me through the env vars settings and no mater what I try (run it as oracle user with the same ORACLE_HOME and SID or setting the different HOME and SID) the installation ends up with the following error message:

'rdbms' software is not available in the current distribution source and has not been installed.
You must obtain and install 'rdbms' software from some other source first. Note: You may also get this error if the Installer registry file has been overwritten

Are there any heroes who've done this task? Please, prompt me what am I missing here.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated Paul Received on Sun Mar 10 2002 - 13:47:24 CST