Re: Scripts to monitor segments

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:16:12 +1100

OEM. (Oracle Enterprise Manager)

Does precisely this sort of thing. Easy(ish) to configure, it can send messages to your pager, SMS, or email whenever an alert (they call them 'events') is triggered -and you can define whatever alerts you fancy. It comes with pre-designed alerts for things like 'Tablespace more than x% full', 'Database down','Server down','Buffer Cache Hit Ratio drops to less than x%' and so on.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com