Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:22:31 +0100

On 8 Mar 2002 23:26:33 -0800, spider_at_zvartnots.am (Tigran Sardaryan) wrote:

>hello
>
>I install Oracle 8.1.7 on RedHat Linux 7.1
>but when I want to connect as "internal"
>the "svrmgrl" ask me for a password. I try default passwords for sys and system
>but it not worked.
>
>Please tell me how I can turn off password for "internal" like on Solaris.
>or tell me what is password for "internal"
>
>Thanks for help.

Check your installation
Either the files are not owned by the dba group or issue the groups command to see whether your account is in the dba group. (Or you started the database using root, which you also results in problems like this)
The password for internal can be set using the orapwd utility orapwd file=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw${ORACLE_SID} password= entries=

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Mar 09 2002 - 05:22:31 CST