Re: ORA 01034 and ORA 07320

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 08 Mar 2002 14:14:07 -0800

Check the permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle. It should be setuid to the oracle user (4755). If it is not, that's why the failure is occurring.

My only concern is why it is succeeding using SQL*Net. Is the listener setuid to the Oracle user? If so, that's why it works through SQL*Net. In most cases, the listener should not be setuid. However, it may have had to be in 7.3.

                                     Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.