Client Installation on pre-existed Database server

From: Robin <litomail_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:17:35 +1100

Hi, I want to install Oracle8i 817 (Client - programmer installation) on my Windows2000. But I have already had Oracle8i 817 server running. I noticed that Client installation has many components which have already existed from my previous server installation. I am afraid the client installation will overwrite the same component and causing problems.

Is it okay to proceed the client installation or I need another computer which has no Oracle product installed?

(Basically I only want the ProC precompiler). Thank you very much. Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 01:17:35 CST