varrays

From: <Chrispw_at_pobox.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2002 04:48:44 GMT

I wish to redefine an existing relational table to contain a varray of 20 number values, rather than the existing 20 disparate number columns. I have defined a varray type, and object defining the table columns, and created the table, but to ease transition to the redefined table (not have to modify volumes of code in one hit) I am also looking to create a view of the table mapping each of the existing columns to a value in the array.

Is it possible in a select statement to retrieve a specific item within the array such that I can construct a view?

Thanks,

Chris Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 22:48:44 CST