OCI Solaris 7

From: Jason Webber <webber_at_mminternet_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:12:10 -0800

I have an oracle 8.1.6 database running on a W2k system. I have a C++ program that I would like to tie into this database. This program will on Solaris box running 7. I am planning on downloading the necessary cds images from there. However I don't want to download all of them just because there are three of them and they average 500MB each. Does anyone know which one contains the client? I only have a 2GB harddrive in the machine, with 1 GB free. Also I am planning on compiling my program with the GNU compiler. I have read in some posts from a while back that you could not use the GNU compiler with the Solaris version client libraries. Is this still true? Also is there any problem downloading the Oracle 9i libraries and trying to connect to the 8.1.6 database?

TIA Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 15:12:10 CST