Backup strategy

From: Dale DeRemer <dderemer_at_agmc.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:14:54 -0500

We are discussing how we will backup our Oracle 8.1.7 database. We are going to be doing hot backups for the most part. I'm lobbying for a cold backup once a month. I find it confusing. Oracle recommends a cold backup, and then says that hot backups should be ok? What do people with experience say? What's the trade off? What are the implications of not doing a cold backup. Thanks for any information. Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 08:14:54 CST