I need to update 30.000 rows - it must be fast.

From: Martin Forsberg <forsberg_martin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:42:58 +0100

Here is my problem:

An application updates a table in Oracle (8.17 on win2000).

The application comunicate with Oracle trough ODBC.

Every second minute the value is updated for 30.000 diffrent id's.

I must check if the VALUE is between MIN AND MAX. If the value is out of range the

value must be inserted anyway, but I need to know if the value is out of range.

TABLE_1

ID
MAX
MIN
VALUE
ALARM (Now I use a trigger: ALARM = 1 if VALUE out of range)

Is there a smarter solution? I must be very fast.

/Martin Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 04:42:58 CST