Re: Oracle vs MySQL vs PostgreSQL

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:36:04 +0000

I'll up front-admit I didn't read even 10% of your very large posting. I am responding strictly to the subject.

RDBMS software is a tool. You choose the tools that is best for the job. You don't try to haul trees out of the forest on a motorcycle and you don't bring a logging truck to a motorcycle race.

I see no value in the comparison referred to in your subject. The fact that they are all RDBMS products is as relevant to the issue as the fact that logging trucks and motorcycles all have tires.

Daniel Morgan