Re: Advice needed. learning how to make an oracle DB

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 12:27:18 -0800

  1. yes, but they probably wont want to do that on a production database. When you start out you dont need to know how to set up a database. Well the very basics are ok, the rest is more advanced. You want to learn how to use it.
  2. A half-way knowledgeable DBA could set you up an area on an existing database where you cant harm anything. You can then learn how to make tables and use them, etc.... It is very easy to do. I would suggest having them set you up in the scott/tiger schema. This comes with oracle and is used for demos etc... you have some data and some tables to play with.

Ryan Gaffuri