Re: Question about USER_ERRORS

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:07:36 GMT

Well, pass on to your management that having developers all develop in the schema is a recipe for disaster along the Titannic.

Moving code and objects along to the ultimate production schema and having it all work right, if developers all share the same schema, could end up being as hard as writing whatever application it is you are writing.

Avoid the use of public synonyms.
Use fully qualified object references.
A thousand other warnings.
Otherwise you may find yourself just turning your development instance and the username everyone uses into production, not a good thing.

RSH.