SQLLDR Question

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 07:43:47 -0800

I need to run a daily batch to load data into a table. This table will be an exact duplicate in structure to another table that already exists.

The user will then have the option to move the New or Changed records over to the original table.

Im wondering the best way to do this. First off since the batch runs every night and the user can perform the process when they feel like it we may get duplicate records in the load table.

So one way to do this would be to load the data into a temp table and as part of the patch only insert the records that are not duplicates to the load table.
As part of this I also want to check the original table to make sure that these are not duplicate records. I also want to flag a column as new or changed based on whether one column in the load table matches the original table, but one or more of the other tables does not. New will be if the one column is different and changed will be if the one column is the same.

So for example.

What is the fast way to run this? Im gonna run it from a dos batch and have it log in to do sqlddr and run the pl/sql script. So no need for triggers?

Also, will an insert trigger fire off of sqlldr? If so could I use statement level trigger to enforce rules when data is loaded into the table from sqlldr? Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 09:43:47 CST