resetlogs

From: clueless <ro_cright_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:06:16 GMT

I want to issue the resetlog command on a database that is open.

Why?
1. production db cannot be shut down. No coffee, no doughnuts, ... 2. I'm worried that the server is going to crash. Vendor's app is flaky and they are screwing around with it.
3. I want to create a standby oracle db. Need to defend myself. 4. I have created a hot backup and moved the archived redo logs over to the standby server.
5. I lost one of the archive logs. I am a moron. 6. I can redo the hotbackup but without setting the resetlog I'm screwed. I think?

Clueless... Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 08:06:16 CST