Re: Sending mail from Oracle On Solaris

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:25:02 GMT

You can definitely send email from Solaris via SMTP. It works just the same. One area you might run into trouble, however, is if your mail server happens to be QMAIL. If it is, you'll want to setup sendmail on your Solaris box and have it auto-forward to QMAIL. Send your email to the Solaris box (or localhost) instead of the SMTP server. The reason for this work-around is QMAIL is incompatible with dbms_smtp--you'll get an error about bare LF's, despite installing the patch intended to fix this bug.