Re: How to easily get XML from the database(Oracle 8.1.7)

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:35:19 +0300

You can get the XDK and use it for automatic transformation of a query into an XML document as well as do a lot of other things with resulting XML docs, like XPath document traversal and node access, XSLT transformations, etc. If this is an overkill, you can write your own procedure that will select some data and write it into a CLOB surrounded by your XML tags - this is pretty trivial.