Re: Connect to database from TOAD after installing firewall

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:26:51 +0300

Since the internal subnets are physically disconnected, you can't use internal IP. And external IP is probably inaccessible due to firewall restrictions. There are several ways to get around this problem:

  1. setup a bridge between your subnets.
  2. configure firewall to allow access to the server from your subnet on Oracle's port (TCP/1521). Since you can access the db server on different ports (which is required to map windows network shares) I suspect the firewall is simply configured to deny access to port 1521.

hth.