Connect to database from TOAD after installing firewall

From: Rune Forberg <rune_at_dbc-munin.no>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:47:37 +0100

I have a problem when connecting to my oracle database from toad after we installed a new firewall. Before we connected to the database with external ip address, but after we installed the firewall this won't work. I cannot connect with local ip address either, because the server is on another subnet. That is the same subnet (255.255.255.0) on a physically separated network. What should I do to connect to the database from my computer. I tried to map up the server to o: on my computer, and set oracle home to that mapped drive. o:\oracle\ora81, so i could use the o:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\tnsnames.ora file on the server to connect, but this seemed like a dirty solution, besides it didn't work. Help of any form i appreciated. Here is my tnsnames.ora data:

old external server ip: 212.45.170.197
new internal ip for the server: 192.168.0.4

PROD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 212.45.170.197)(PORT = 1521))     )
(CONNECT_DATA =

      (SERVICE_NAME = prod.dbc_munin.no)     )