Problem installing 9i in XP

From: Paulo Santos <piaf_at_ci.uc.pt>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 12:24:33 -0800

Hi!
Im trying to install Oracle 9i Database Server in a Windows XP professional.
I download the latest version available in otn.oracle.com (9.0.1.1), created the 3 directories (Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3) Started install.
Continue with the instalation choosing diferent types:

But, the install hangs on the "Database configuration assistant" (at 85% ).
The program does not hang since I can press the X for exit and I get a "Do you realy what to exit?" popup.

I made a cleen XP install (not upgrade) I don't have installed/removed any stuff.

The only thing I can think of is that I have Jbuilder 5.0 java (1.3)installed and my own jdk 1.3.1_02.

Should this be a problem for the install procedure?

I've a licence for oracle 9i waiting to be purchase, a database that should be running by now, all just waiting to see if the system works under 9i.

Can anyone give me a help on this?

Regards,
Paulo Santos Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 14:24:33 CST