Re: How to use Host command from PL/SQL in NT

From: John Darrah <jdarrah_at_veripost.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:31:13 +0000 (UTC)

The .sql files Oracle runs during database creation are from SQL*Plus or svrmgrl, not PL/SQL. There is no way (that I know of) to Execute a host command from inside PL/SQL without using external procedures or pipes and a host program reading from that pipe. If someone has found a clever way to do this, I hope they will post it here, but I really doubt there is a way besides the two I mentioned.