Re: How can I get E-Mails from a POP3-server using PL/SQL or ORACLE-Sripts

From: Ralph Graulich <ralph_at_grauli.ch>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:04:28 +0100

Hi Thomas,

> I am Happy about any answer: -which packages provide POP3-Functions? Is
> there any sample code? Comments to this topic?

I don't know of any standard package providing these functions. However, you may use your own JAVA code to enhance the database functions. I am pretty sure there are many good examples out there on the net on how to retrieve mail of a POP3 account with JAVA.

Remember: Getting mails of a POP3 account is nothing more than just plain texting to a certain (POP3) port on the mailserver. Test it yourself and do a:

telnet mailserver.wherever.org pop3

Regards
... Ralph ... Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 11:04:28 CST