Re: Oracle817 Command Line Installation on UNIX?

From: john055_google <john055_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 09:04:14 -0800

We have just completed an unattended installation of oracle 8.1.7.3 on solaris 2.8 via NFS CDROM images, and using a response file.

Be warned !

  1. The CDROM images contain the oraparm.ini in the wrong place
  2. Be careful about pointing to the JRE setting.

But it works and is much faster than using the GUI. In addition, the DBA can actually set up the tools and dependancies that he requires in the response file, leaving the UNIX admin no worries about what actually gets installed.

regards
john055_google