Re: Fixed table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:37:24 -0000

Across most recent versions of Oracle,
you can use dbms_space. This has
procedure which return

  1. The number of blocks above the highwater mark
  2. The number of blocks on each free list.

Be warned that the only way to discover the (temporarily) exact number of blocks on the free lists is to walk every free list one block at a time - so the procedure for counting free blocks may be very hard on I/O in some special cases.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Now running 3-day intensive seminars

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of: