Re: Question about Relational Algebra?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:18:49 GMT

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>Depends on the task. I for one am hoping that the architect who designed my
>house and the engineers that constructed it had both practical and academic
>knowledge, the former being dependent upon the latter.

Yes, but we are talking about a skill. No amount of playing flight simulators can make you a good pilot. No amount of watching Jackie Chan movies and imitating his moves will make you a good martial artist.

A skill can not be taught. It is acquired through practice and more practice. Solving problems, is a skill.

Or to put it in Morphues' words - there is a difference in knowing the road and walking the road. ;-)

--
Billy