Re: object id -> object name

From: y <y_at_y.y>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 04:39:59 GMT

Thank you, Howard! You help me again!

I will try this tomorrow.

I got a lot of questions for Oracle. I'd like to ask you some of these.

  1. "Oracle release all locks acquired by the statements within a transation when you either commit or rollback the transaction." Does that means Oracle didn't support "declare cursor ... with hold". (some application need their cursor keep open even after the ending of transaction.) ?
  2. Does Oracle support "pre-fetch" or "pre-read"?

Best Regards,