Re: Is this method of offline backup OK?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:29:37 +1100

It's fine. Technically you don't have to include the online redo logs, but cold backups with them are a bit simpler to restore.

For a rather more in-depth guide, you might want to take a look at my site (address below), the Books link. There's a backup and recovery guide there that will help you do cold backups, hot backups and deal with all sorts of recovery scenarios.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com